How much screen time does your child get daily? How old are they?

2-1CavWife

Asked by 2-1CavWife at 2:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 7 and 11 year old get to began watching tv on the week days around 7 or 8. They have homework and chores then dinner before any other activites are done. Normally they are done around 7 or 8 and thats after baths. They lay in their beds and watch tv. Sleep before 9 so in actuality about hour or two during the week and whenever on the weekend. They are free to do what they like. But normally we go places
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Screen time? you mean like TV and computer time?
    typically he gets maybe an hour a day. Sometimes more. Sometimes no tv at all. And he isnt often on the computer. Maybe every day for a week before he gets bored. so 7 days a month? my DS is 3 yo and I DO regulate how much TV and computer stuff he watches.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• mine is 6 and he gets 1 1/2 hours on school days, we are more flexible on the weekends. he can use his 1 1/2 hours for TV or Wii...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My daughter has 2 hours of free time right after school. She may watch tv or a movie or play on the computer. I let her play on the computer more though because they use it at school and it has helped her a lot with spelling. Usually when it is warm we will spend that time outside instead of watching tv. She prefers that anyway.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh and she is 5 1/2.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• We have a 12, 6 and 5 yr old. They get an hour a day on my laptop, and it's only educational games, nothing else.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• As for TV, it's off and on, they get bored with it... After school the TV isn't turned on until all homework is finished and checked. And then they usually head outside if it's nice...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My 3 and 8 year old get whatever. They lose interest after too long so I don't worry. I monitor their TV programs and internet sites, so it's all good. Homework is always done. They are not violent, nor do they have a bad vocabulary.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Computer. My son has his own Laptop which is monitored and normally used for school on the weekdays
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2009