Daughters...

How often does your husband spend time with your daughter(s)? What tpe of things do they do together?

I think it is important for fathers to spend time with their girls. Growing up my dad acted afraid of having to spend any time with me. It sucked. Today I still don't have a relationship with him because he doesn't know how to talk to me.

My husband spends time with our daughter. He plays legos with her or dolls. He is great about it too.

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 2:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My husband diffently spends time with our daughter ! She is a big time daddy's girl !!
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My father was a wonderful dad and my husband is a wonderful dad.  He has been plugged into our daughters since day one.  He is now teaching our 16 year old to drive.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• That is GREAT! I think dd's long for male attention and if their fathers dont give it to them. Then they seek it elsewhere. (other boys)

My dd is only 3, so they play playdough or blocks or paint. Whatever she wants.

My dh and I talked the other day and soon we want to start a daddy date day. Where he takes ONLY her to eat or a movie. Whatever, just focusing attention on her.

I will also have a mom and son day with my boy. I dont want to lose a connection with him as he grows up either!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My husband's time with all the kids is about the same. He works alot so mostly they have me. But we try to give them individual time with him, like taking one at a time to work with him on Saturday. Or staying home with him while I take the others to the store with me.
    I agree that the realtionship a girl has with her father sets up her future relationships. If she finds her self worth at home especially by the males in her life, even brothers,or her daddy, she won't go out looking for it when she's older. I hope anyway.
    promom

Answer by promom at 3:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i dont have any daughters but u are right about them needing to spend time with their dads- i never met my dad and my step pops was always an ass hole (s'cuse the language) to me so it kinda pushed me away and into alot of mess growing up lol- but i hope that if i ever have a daughter my fiance spends alot of time with her to reassure her that she is special and doesnt need anybody to tell her that- lol but its great that ur hubby spends time with ur daughter
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009