In general, does your husband spend time with the kids or is that usually your role?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 2:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, I only have a 6-month-old son right now, but he spends just as much time with him as I do. I watch him while he's working and he's got him while I'm working. It works out great!
    Anonymous

• We are about equal. But the time spent is different. Dad is much more likely to wrestle on the floor or play ball or go outside. I usually am found reading a book or coloring. ect.

i think it works out great, together we cover all the bases! lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• theres a story behind my situation. when my son was first born i had no help from my husband AT ALL and it stayed like that until he was 7 months old when my husband left for basic training and school. while my husband was gone, i continued to raise our son alone. so i informed him right before he was due to come home, that if he was going to continue to NOT help me. then i didnt think our relationship was gonna work. i refused to be with someone (and have more kids with someone) who refused to take care of or play with the child he already had with me. after having that conversation, he admitted to me that he was wrong and him leaving us for 7 months made him realise that. he missed out on so much of our sons life and missed out on so many "firsts" and he felt guilty about it. ever since then, he has been a big help and spent so much time with our son.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• and he knows now that he needs to spend time with our son now while hes home because he never knows when he will be deployed, how long he will be gone, etc.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• my husbands spends alot more time when it comes to outdoor activities and i do more of the indoors and arts and crafts it ends up being an equal amount of time.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well I spend a lot more time with the kids but thats not by our choice. Its by the militarys choice. When Daddy is home from either the field, training soldiers at another base, schools, or deployements he spends every second he can with out munchkins. They run to the store with him , take naps, showers, play games, go outside to play, everything when he gets to be with them.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 3:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'm home all the time (sahm), hubby is only home every 4 weeks, so I spend most of the time with them... He gets them out in the garage, outside doing stuff when he's home, he tucks them in at night when he's home, it's his time at night with them. He does a great job, he's showing them that it's important to tkae care of your family and being responsible...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• We spend an equal amount of time with the kids.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• my husband does spend time with our son but not doing things that I would prefer, like being outside and doing active things. They mostly play video games together and watch movies. Of course they talk and joke around and enjoy themselves, I just wish they got out more. When my Dh has things to do, he will take my son sometimes though.. My husband is just usually so tired when he gets home from work all he wants to do is relax so playing video games inside is more his speed. I am the one that does active things like going ot the park and for walks and playing outside with my son...
    Anonymous

• He does the outside stuff and video games. I do everything else.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009