Overly Oily Skin

I'm a cosmetologist so everyone immediately assumes I know everything about everything when it comes to beauty. My main study was of hair... I would like to go back to school to become an esthetician (skincare) but don't have the money right now.. My question was...

My sister has extremely oily skin... She washes it 2x a day with oil-free wash, oil-free make-up, non-comodegenic, etc... by the time she gets home from work she fills up 2 oil absorbing sheets. She is even on Rx strength facewash yet STILL has problems.. does anyone else have this problem? If so, or if you know someone who does, what can she do about this? I know how to deal with overly oily hair, but skin is new to me...

alinker

Asked by alinker at 2:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes. Try this combo of products. They are the only products that have ever gotten my face looking oil free and acne free! Including prescription and expensive over the counter stuff.
    I sell Avon and will give her free shipping if she wants to try it out from my site www.youravon.com/dhullum with code fsany

Mark Shine Fighter Oil Control Mask http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=35804&from=search&find_spec=&camp=200905&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1

mark Mist Opportunity Multi-tasking Refresher http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=33658&from=search&find_spec=&camp=200905&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1

Use this at night, it helps clear up acne too. http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=33650&from=search&find_spec=&camp=200905&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1

Mark berry grand super exfoliating beads are great use them at night after you take off make up
    http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have had skin issues for years. The oil slick can get worse if you wash too much. The trick is to clean well and moisturize without blocking pores or leaving the skin too dry. If the skin is too dry then you start overproducing oil.
    I have tried Retina cream and many over the counter products.
    I am now using Arbonne products. They don't contain mineral oils so they don't clog my pores. The oil slick on my t-zone disappeared after about 2 weeks; especially once my pores started getting smaller.
    Let me know if you would like me to send some free samples.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Has she tried to combat the problem from the inside out?
    Evening primrose oil capsules work wonders. When you begin taking them then you want to take a double dose for the first 10 days... your hair and skin will become more oily at this time so some people will start this while they are on break from their regular duties. After 10 days, begin to take the regular dose (half what taken previously) and within about a week skin and hair will clear up.
    Other products which are helpful are apple cider vinegar, swab on the face in the evening with a cotton ball to help regulate ph levels of the skin. For a moisturizer that is not greasy/oily use jojoba oil, it is absorbed by the skin and is amazing.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 4:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• black opal blemish control bar is great for controlling oily skin.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i'm sorry... i know this isn't about your question, but have realy oily hair, its oily by the end of the day when i wash it in the morning... i've tried so many different shampoos, maybe you could message me and tell me what i can do to help my hair.. its embarrassing...
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Mary Kay has amazing products for oily skin... My skin is similar to hers and I have little problems with it now...I was my face with the timewise 3-1 cleanser for comb. to oily skin, than moisturize with the timeiwse moisturizer for comb. to oily skin...than after I have used concealer If I need it...I put on Mary Kay Timewise Medium Coverage foundation which is for oily skin and It works wonders....and I also carry around Mary Kay Beauty Blotters oil absorbing tissues that work great too and don' take off your makeup or leave residue. for samples of all these products or to order and receive a free Satin Hands set you or her can email me. sshaw07@marykay.com
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2009