My last period was on July 27 2008. I am pregnant. when should my due date be. The reason I am asking is because when i first went to the doctor she went by my period and she said the baby would be here April 6, 2009. But about 4 months ago she did an ultrasound and then she said the baby is coming May, 4. whats up with that. When is my baby coming?

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 2:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say April, but im not a doctor so lol, but my best bet would be the April onee
    Anonymous

• Did your ultrasound tech or doctor say WHY they thought the due date has changed?
    Is it possible that your baby isn't a big as they think they should be and because of that they think you aren't as far along??
    I would say to just trust your gut and get as ready as you can for your bundle of joy!! =]
    GA_GiRL0920

Answer by GA_GiRL0920 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The ultrasound due date was based on the babies size and other developmental cues that they can see in an ultrasound. It is usually more accurate than the one based on your period. The one based on your period is simple math - take the first day of your last period and add 40 weeks. It assumes that you got pregnant about 2 weeks after the first day of your last period. But that is not always the case. It is possible to get pregnant on any day of your cycle, even during your period. So, maybe you got pregnant the day before your next period should have started. That would move your due date since your baby would be behind by a couple weeks of growth. Or maybe your body just didn't have a period that month for some reason and you got pregnant the next month. There is no real way to tell.

Could the ultrasound date be wrong? Yes. To be safe, have your bag packed by April.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would guess the April date or close to it. I think ultra-sounds, for all their good, also can be misleading because a baby may be bigger or smaller then the "chart" so therefore a different date is give. It happened to a friend of ours. She ended up having her baby right around the first scheduled date and the baby also weighed 11 lbs.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• When they first tell you your due date they go off your period. When I was prego I had my period up until the 4th month so when I went in and told my doc when my last period was my original due date was way off. I had an ultrasound done and that date was one day off from when I delivered my son. So from experience I would go with the date from your ultrasound!!!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• OK I am pregnant and my last period was July 1st 2008 and my due date is April 7th so how did they get that your due april 6th. I am confused, I have had 3 ultrasounds and my due date has never changed.
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i would say baby will come when he or she is ready no matter what the due date may be just hang in there
    Anonymous