Phone Manners?

How many of you ask who the person is on the before handing it over to requested person?
I'd rather my husband ask who it is, so that I know who the heck I am talking too and if the person on the other end is someone I really want to talk too. Like telemarketers, harassing people, etc, etc....
Is there anything wrong with knowing who the person is?

IceMistress105

Asked by IceMistress105 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • No.. i thought everyone did that..lol... if he don't ask i will tell him to ask before he hands me the phone....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well caller id helps a lot with that, of course, in that case, if it is a telemarketer I don't even answer it. Usually we know the people who are calling us, or I can at least tell where we know them from and I do tell the person I'm handing the phone to.

-Or- I'll give them to my son David, he loves to chat and it usually makes them hang up and not call us ever again.
    Selena

Answer by Selena at 3:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Its a cell phone, we don't have a landline. But it came up as restricted. So that is why he asked and it sounded like a young girl and she hung up when he askd.
    IceMistress105

Answer by IceMistress105 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I always want to know who is on the other end. May be someone I don't want to talk to or be bothered with. Also, if it is a telemarketer, I also fool around and tell them to hang on a minute or did i call them for some reason or some other stupid stuff.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I always ask "Who's calling please?" and if they won't tell me, I don't hand it over.
    However, I always say it is me calling when I call people. "This is Jennifer, may I speak with _____, please?"
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009