do you think that i'm over reacting?

we go to a country church that dh grandfather preaches at.we had decided on the way there that we would not go out to eat with his family as we usually do because my mom was going to be at our house right after church to spend time with my kids. after church was over my dd asked if she could ride with grandma and i told her no we were not going to eat we were going home. i pu the baby in the car and my dh gets in and i ask where she is and he says that he told her she could go eat and that he doesn't see anything wrong with her going since he went with his grandparents every sunday when he was growing up i usually do let her go but today was supposed to be spent with my mother for once. do you think that i'm wrong for being upset that he let her go?

lbjbmom

Asked by lbjbmom at 3:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• No. Id be upset and let him know it.

Id probably say something like "MY mother was coming over REMEMBERRRRRR? This was her afternoon with the children. Now our DD wont be able to see her other grandma because of YOU."

He was wrong, imo, and I hope you let him have it LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• not at all I would have followed them and took her back with me. Thats disrespectful to you and your mother. You two already discussed not going to eat, I would have a talk with my child about manipulatation between you and your husband. She didn't get the answer she wanted from you so she went to her dad and thats a very bad thing that your husband should have went with the plan you had already talked about.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No you're not wrong. There was a plan in place and he ignored it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would have said something along the lines of "Normally that's fine hon, but my mother was looking forward to spending time with our daughter." I dont know about your husband, but mine just has things slip from his mind because he's thinking about something else. Once I reminded him, I would ask hiim to go get our child and her plate so we coulld go home.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would totally be upset. You both should come to an agreement on these things and not just one person making a decision like that. And furthermore, you were right, your daughter should have stayed home this time and spent time with her "other" grandma.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I definitely would have been mad.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No, I dont think you over reacted at all. I too would of been upset. Your family is just as important as his.
    lilmans_mommy

Answer by lilmans_mommy at 3:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• speaking as a grandmother, yes that was wrong of him. She probably looked forward to seeing your children and he cheated her out of it. That was just wrong.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• thank you ladie's even thou dh still doesn't think that he did anything wrong because "they brought her right back after they ate" at least i don't feel so guilty about being pissed
    lbjbmom

Answer by lbjbmom at 3:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• your wright it was your day with your mother witch is very important and you sould get a day toghter go to the spa or sumthing just the two of you good luck :)
    sarahlovesshann

Answer by sarahlovesshann at 5:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009