Formula in sippy cup?

I am a new mom and I am really confused about this. My daughter is turning a year and she does not like to use a bottle anymore. She cannot switch to cow's milk for another year, can I put her formula in a sippy cup? thanks ladies in advance! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't see a problem with it but I'm kinda curious to know why she can't switch to milk for another year. My doc. had me take my son off formula the day he turned one???
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yep, you can! That's what I started out doing when DS was done with his bottles.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes.
    Also, they have step 2 formula's (for 9 to 18 months, I think). We gave my daughter pediasure once a day until she was 2.5. I think you can start it at 12 months.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I babysit a little girl who is only 11 months old and drinks her formula from a sippy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• to answer Cmead02's question...
    my daughter has a lot of digestive problems, acid reflux, many many food allergies and she's lactose. I had to stop breastfeeding her at 3 months, then she was on elecare and now she just started enfamil gentlease. The doctor doesn't think she will be ready for milk for another year. I know it's crazy! LOL
    Anonymous

• For CMEAD): They can't digest the proteins, it has the wrong 'mix' of vitamins, it can cause iron deficiency. I've heard 12 months too, but I think there are so many negatives about cow's milk and baby's that some doctors either recommend whole, organic milk or pediasure until after 2.
    Anonymous

• I would!!
    poudmomof2

Answer by poudmomof2 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You can absolutely put formula in a sippy. My son was 100% off the bottle at 6 months. His formula went into his sippy cup, and he stayed on Nutramigen until 16 months. Now his hemp milk goes in his sippy cup.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 11:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009