How would you react if your husband said this to you in a fight?

We bought a home but I am not in the title. The house is in HIS name alone (for other reasons). We have 2 kids together and I am a SAHM, BUT I do contribute finally every month from my substantial trust fund to supplement his income and take care of the kids and home. I pay 50% of ALL bills. We had a fight and he said to me, "I didnt move in with you, you moved in with me, this is MY house and you need to be submissive to me!" I feel like he slapped me in the face!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Ummmm....I would of flown off the handle if he said that to me!!!!!!! I would never let him talk that way to me EVER!!!!
    Anonymous

• yea. ...I probably would've flippd out. ... that's all i'm gonna say.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh, HALE no.

You're married. Tell him, if you divorce, you still get half!

Really, that's how it goes, what's yours is his, what's his is yours. Just remember too, it was in the heat of a fight, and he may not have meant it. It may have been the only thing he could say to hurt your feelings at that point. Which, in itself is inexcusable, but that stuff happens in a fight.

As far as being mad, yes, I'd be upset, but I'd also understand it was in the midst of a fight, and I KNOW that what is his is ours, what is mine is ours.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• First of all he need to read the bible. He's not understanding the role of a husband and wife. You both need to be submissive to each other. Pray for him.
    Anonymous

• awful. I would wait until you both calm down and talk about it - you need to make sure he said that out of anger and doesn't REALLY feel that way - because if he does that is going to be a problem!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Everyone says things in the heat of the moment when they are mad. Can you truly say that you have never said anything nasty to him when you were mad? Let things calm down and then talk about it, I bet he will say he did not mean it and that he was just mad.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't know....well yes I do....I would have went throught the house tearing down everything in my path....but that's not the right answer.People say things when they are mad. Talk to him about it and bring it to his memory that everything that the 2 of you accumulate during the marriage is divided 1/2 and 1/2 when you divorce because you are no longer one but equal halves
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 4:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i would have FLIPPED MY LID. and then killed him :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It's clear that many men do not know exactly what the bible is saying when it says that, and he isn't the only one I've heard throw that in their wifes face.
    I would like to add just one thing though..lol..umm, he left out the laaassst part in that verse..
    Colossians 3:18-19
    Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
    Tell him to read up on being submissive because that is not how it goes.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Submissive my foot! Marriage should be an equal partnership with each contributing to the household in whichever way they can. Things said in the heat of the moment do hurt and tend to stick in your mind whether they're meant or not.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2009