hpv/genital warts? freaked out.

Almost 2 years ago I noticed this little bump on my vaginal area after I shaved. It would be on the skin near the pubic bone. It is not a pimple or in-grown hair or anything. I started trying to shave it off to see what the heck it was. There was nothing left to show the doctor so i didn't bother going in. i have had pap smears and HPV DNA test for several years now and everything has been neg. So I assumed it had to be something else. After shaving last night though I found the same litle bump back again. I had not shaved down there for several months but it was not there in November when I did shave. It doesn't hurt or anything until I knicked it with the razor. This time I left it on there b/c I am going to show the doctor this week (hopefully). But I am so freaked out right now. I am wondering does this def mean it is HPV/GW? Is it possible to be something other than a wart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Health

• Skin tags ? I have one or two down there....

The doctor will be able to of course give you a better answer.

Speaking of which I also had a mole down there and didn't even know it until I delivered. Turned out it was a very bad looking one and they told me it looked like melanoma. Thankfully it was negative, but I still am afraid it will come back.
    Anonymous

• While it is an indicator of HPV it is not 100% that is what it is. Remember to breathe and even if you're diagnosed with HPV it's not a huge deal. Women live every day of their lives with this and it goes unnoticed. There are a few different types of HPV and the most common one (genital warts) is the least risked to other issues. Speak to your doctor about it and hear what he or she has to say,
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• this question is for the first answerer. what does your skin tags look like down there? have u ever accidentially shaved them? could a skin tag be shaved off and then come back later? could a wart do the same? the bump looks even smaller now b/c i knicked it so i hope the doc can still tell what it is. i can't wait to get to the doc! im freakin out over here.
    Anonymous