Should I stay or go?

Okay this is kind of long. Im divorcing my husband of 3 years. I currently have a boyfriend who is younger than me. Mine and his relationship is GREAT! or shall I say was great.....Im currently 7 months pregnant with my boyfriends baby. Things are just getting harder and harder for us. The communication has cut off completely, he has taken a huge step back, and but says he still wants to be there for me. Anyhow this weekend was the first time Ive seen him since the end of Januaray. Im really going through alot of emotions with him, and being pregnant is not helping at all. How can I or what can I do to make him realize that I need to straighten up or ship out without having to be a complete B*****? Any suggestions would help really. Im at my wits end......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• He clearly doesn't want to be with you if he is not committing to you, and he is definitley not taking care of his responsibility with you being pregnant so if I was in that situation I would leave him.
    abbyemcc

Answer by abbyemcc at 3:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• GO!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It sounds as though he is not the one for you. It may have seemed fun to him when you were already committed to someone else and he didn't have to worry about needing to take responsibility since you were already married, but now that you are or will soon be free and are pregnant besides, this is a huge leap from playing to having to work to support a wife and child. It appears that you should make sure that you can support yourself and make sure that he pays child support.

Answer by Bmat at 3:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• OK. You should have completly divorced your husband before getting into another relationships. How can you start a new relationship with a old one open? ..... Even if "the marriage had been over for years"............Anyway I would leave him because you clearly need to get yourself together before you even try to move on to a new relationship. You need to beable to stand on your own and take care of your baby before you even think about another man. You and your baby are what needs to come first
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 3:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Wow. Honestly it sounds like you need to tie up loose ends and be done with both relationships. Spend some time alone for awhile. Going from relationship to relationship is not healthy. I firmly believe that once you end a relationship you need some time to gather yourself, do some self reflection and allow time alone so that you are not taking anything from the past into a new relationship.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I wanted to address PunkinLPN & just say, no need to jump on her for the mistakes she already made. She cannot go back in time & change things. We all make mistakes & what counts is whether we learn from them or not. It would be nice if we made the choice not to judge others and instead try to simply give helpful advice. That being said.

You should finish your divorce, leave the boyfriend behind(though do make sure you hold him financially responsible, even if he chooses not too be in your child's life.) & concentrate on yourself and your baby. You can do this alone, you are not the first or the last to be in this predicament. Why not look for some kind of support group in your area who can help you.

Good Luck!
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well this is to address bookworm65:
    You just said the same thing I did. I'm just giving my opinion the same thing you just said......so are you judging her. So obviously my advice must be helpful because you gave the same advice. People call it judging when you state the obvious facts. I didn't tell her she was wrong nor did I say if it were me I would have done, nor did I say I would never do that. Female Please! Everyone knows that you need time to heal after one relationship. Address someone else
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 9:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2009