Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where can I buy plastic underwear?

my son is half way potty trained (he wears pullups a night) and I want tio get plastic underwear so he can wear it on top of his underwear

Answer Question

Asked by Iksa at 3:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • You can buy them at Target and sometimes at Walmart. You can also get them online.

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • Yep, Target, Walmart, BabiesRUs, online.
    Be aware that having the pee trapped next to his skin all night can cause diaper rashes. When I tried using the plastic pants over underwear, my daughter was beet red after just a few mintues in wet pants. The pants trap both heat and moisture - perfect for yeast and other bugs to grow.

    Also remember, that if your son is accident free in the day, he is fully potty trained. Wetting the bed has nothing to do with potty training. He may self train once he feels the moisture (pullups prevent that) or he may wet the bed for years and years to come.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • Target has them.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • yep! Target rules!

    Answer by kristal2146 at 5:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • Hey I was just thinking about this today! Does anyone know where I can find the ones that don't absorb? Just straight plastic covers that go over the underwear. I want him to feel the urine right away and not llike it. I bought him the ones at Target that are made by Gerber and are absorbant, he's comfy in them. LOL

    Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 7:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • Wal-mart. I would use this though. With 1st DD and daycare working it was just a HUGE mess plus more to wash. Cheap (yes I said cheap) pull-ups really worked will with my 1st DD. I guess because they were cheap and it she went peed once in them it was on her.

    Answer by Aleecia at 10:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • Are you talking about some kind of cloth training pants with a water-proof covering? Mother-Ease sells some good ones like that. I also use them as swim pants.

    Answer by momo8child at 3:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.