dialating

when i wwent to the docs on friday she said i was 2 cm dialied. my belly is getting hard and i have pains every once and a while that gose from the top of my belly to my crouch area. the doc told me to have sex and eat spicy foods and i have been doing both
Dose this mean i am going in to labor?
~Heidi~

heidicummins03

Asked by heidicummins03 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Haha, I've been eating spicy food and having sex too, girlfriend, and no baby yet, but I'm hoping soon, lol. I go for another appointment tomorrow, so I'm hoping he will check me and let me know if there's any action going on down there. I'd just love to hear "Oh my gosh! You're 100% effaced and 10 cm dilated, let's get push baby out!" although I know it's not going to happen, hahaha!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 3:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• yeah! i went into preterm labor a few weeks ago...im 32 weeks now and im still having contractions..i was 1 1/2 cm dialated..but i closed back up! =]

so we're trying to keep her in there.....

are you nervous? it helps watching the show "A Baby Story" on TLC
    its preparing me a lot!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I know this is probably not what you want to hear but it could be hours, days and even weeks..being dilated or not is not an indication of labor starting soon and you can also have contractions for weeks before labor starts.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 6:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You could try walking I know when I was in labor they told me to go for a walk because for some reason the gravity will help pull the baby on down and walking will help speed up the contractions. Wouldn't hurt to try if it works for you, it did me and I went in at 8:30 am and by 12:36 pm she was born. The responses early are correct though everyone differs it could be awhile my friend stayed dilated for two weeks at 2 cm...so good luck with everything
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• well the pains your feeling are called braxton hicks.
    real contractions will start in your back.
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009