how do we avoid hurting feelings when...

DH's old landlords, Ruth and Roger, live in the same apartment complex that DH moved out of, which our friends Danielle and Bryan still live in. We want to invite Danielle& Bryan to a baby shower in OKC, as the party there will be more for our families &very close friends.

We want to wait to invite Ruth& Roger to a Welcome to the Family party after the baby is born in KS instead, which I will be delivering in KS in April. I'm not overly close to them, but they are the kind of people that will cause a huge scene just to be center of attention, & I don't want that for my shower at OKC.

The problem inlying here is that Ruth& Roger get the mail, & take it upon themselves to open it if they get curious. I need to mail Danielle& Bryan's invitations, but want to avoid Ruth& Roger opening it & having their feelings hurt, thinking they have been left out or forgotten.

Any ideas without being to sneaky in case they open it?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• First of all soooo wrong if they open other peoples mail dont care who they are. But you mail an invite to one of their works or an e-vite.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well, if they open otthers mail, thats a federal offense. Why don't you send it certified and the only people that get it will be danielle and Bryan or email it. Its the way of the world now
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The old landlords are violating the law by opening someone else's mail.

I would hand deliver the invite, or do it by phone and explain why. These folks know what's going on if they live there.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009