Help! How do we prevent hurt feelings here?!

DH's old landlords, Ruth and Roger, live in the same apartment complex that DH moved out of, which our friends Danielle and Bryan still live in. We want to invite Danielle& Bryan to a baby shower in OKC, as the party there will be more for our families &very close friends.

We want to wait to invite Ruth& Roger to a Welcome to the Family party after the baby is born in KS instead, which I will be delivering in KS in April. I'm not overly close to them, but they are the kind of people that will cause a huge scene just to be center of attention, & I don't want that for my shower at OKC.

The problem inlying here is that Ruth& Roger get the mail, & take it upon themselves to open it if they get curious. I need to mail Danielle& Bryan's invitations, but want to avoid Ruth& Roger opening it & having their feelings hurt, thinking they have been left out or forgotten.

Any ideas without being to sneaky in case they open it?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Email the invite or over the phone would be best IMO
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 4:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yep, that's what I was thinking too! Email or phone. OR, the only other thing I can think of is to have someone hand deliver it to Danielle and Bryan. Sure, it's sneaky, but it sounds necessary in this case.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Or maybe mail it to their work place, if that's OK.
    Pnukey

• They open other peoples mail? That is a federal offense. That is crazy. Just call them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009