old wives tale or not? also 2 questions in here! please answer both is you read this

So im 32 weeks pregnant and im having a little girl...my little girl keeps trying to come out! but we're trying to make her stay in there...she needs a few more weeks in there, gotta gain more weight!

Question 1-Is it true that girls generally want to come out early?

Question 2-A girl i know just had a baby and told EVERYONE i know that im unhealthy and my baby is unhealthy. I told her the doctors said we're both healthy and she said "Babies dont generally want to come out early because theyre healthy."
i was really offended by this...who is right? My doctor or this girl that JUST had a baby...

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 4:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your doctor is right, and i dont know about the girls trying to come out earlier
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Hmm, lets see, is that girl a doctor or what?Babies will come when they are ready. And No, girls don't want to come out earlier than boys. I had 2 girls and they decided to stay a little over. I guess this girl is one of those people who knows absolutely everything about absolutely everything, huh?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• always lison to ur doc the baby comes out when it is ready to not because it is unhealthy that girl is just trying to scare you
    ~Heidi~
    heidicummins03

Answer by heidicummins03 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No, girls don't want to come out early. Mine was 4 days late.
    No, your doctor is right. She's an ignorant, busy-body who probably just likes to stir up trouble and is looking to reclaim some of the limelight. Be warned - right now everyone makes a fuss over you. Once the baby arrives, no one will even ask how you are doing... the baby will get all of the attention. This is normal, expeceted, and perfectly natural. But some moms have a hard time making the transition from "queen bee" to "chopped liver".

Good luck and I hope your little one stays put!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Your doctor is right.

I googled about girls being born sooner, but what I found was that girls have a longer gestational time- they are born later.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T1B-43VBSX5-M&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=f6f2eb59db743c55956efafc5b3c773b

Answer by Bmat at 4:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am a girl and I was born 2 weeks late, so I guess it's not true that they always want to come out early!
    and as for what that girl said about you - is her only reason for saying that you're unhealthy because your having trouble going to full term? Or is she talking about your habits/diet/etc....I just don't know why anyone would say that without a reason. Either way go with what your doctor tells you - he knows better than anyone whether or not you're healthy.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i was born 2.5 weeks late....

and the girl what is she "unhealthy" from?
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 4:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• what a pregnant hormonal Bitch is all i have to say about your 'friend'..my first daughter was a week early and my 2nd was a week late..babies come when they want to.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• First question: They're no more likely to be early than boys.

Second question: Why are you even listening to this woman? STOP!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i would say ignore the friend and just wait and see what happens baby will come when ready my first daughter had fun messing with the hospital staff for almost two months before she gave up and came which was just a week early too her due date
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009