Playground pole?

When I was in elementary school, we had a really fun structure on the playground.
You would climb up and stand on a ledge, which was halfway up the structure, then reach out to grab a pole that moved and rotated (it had short chains on both ends which were connected to the top of the structure and the ground), and then you'd launch yourself off of the ledge and swing around and around. When you stopped spinning, you slid down, and did it all over again (well, I did anyway).

Has anyone else ever played on one of these, or seen one? I don't know what it was called, if anything, and I can't find anything when I search. I'd really love to have one in my own backyard, lol. I could play on that thing all day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about, but I think the park here has it =\ I don't know what its called though..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• We never had anything fun like that! Kids these days barely get any kind of playground because everything is "too dangerous." Sounds like a fun thing to play on though.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I know what your talking about but I have NO IDEA what they're called.. sorry no help!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2009