I think my daughter is having growing pains...the inside thigh and her knees are bother her. Is that growing pains, and if so, what is the best way to alleviate the pain?

She's 10 y/o and already she's 5' 1"

mrpmom

Asked by mrpmom at 11:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Tylenol should work just fine.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• also warm baths and bananas actual help my son
    miranda507

Answer by miranda507 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I used to get them horribly when i was little.. i used to wrap my legs in ace bandages, and rub them
    Kagenj07

Answer by Kagenj07 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would contact her pediatrics office to be on the safe side...to be sure everything is developing correctly. Nothing wrong with being safe than sorry!
    traciesbw0101

Answer by traciesbw0101 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My son gets them, and it's mostly at night. I use lavender lotion to massage them, and I put him back in bed. The lavender is a soothing agent, and it puts him to sleep, and in the morning, they are gone!
    hstansbury17

Answer by hstansbury17 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I use a muscle rub that has no odor, Advil and massage. Be careful if you choose to use an ace bandage...if you use them improperly they can cut off blood flow...it is a trick to wrap them correctly and effectively.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have an eleven year old daughter who is 5'3 and she is having pains in her ribs and inner thighs....I give her advil and she also takes warm bathes, that seems to help her. Last year my daughter did a growth spurt of 11 1/2 inches in three months from her hip to her knee ...I had to measure it three times because I could not believe what the tape measure was telling me. I measured her legs and arms and torso in June and then again the week before school started, no wonder she was so cranky last summer.
    sunshinecalimom

Answer by sunshinecalimom at 3:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My son gets them too! He usually gets them in the night or just as he is relaxing to go to sleep. I use lavander oil to help him relax and I just massage his legs until he falls back to sleep. I would talk to the pediatrician about it and see what they recommend!
    Strssdmom72

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I can't tell you the number of 'leg rubs''arm rubs' and back rubs I have given 4 kids over the years, but massage was just about the only thing that worked when they had growing pains. It was really tough.
    Mamma_Tree

Answer by Mamma_Tree at 2:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My sister told me her son got this so I read up on it some. If it is after a day of play (Usually summertime) or being active then these are normal pains... massaging... bath... advil (or whatever you take). But if it is like early in the day or when she gets up & the you should really have her checked out... Or, do so anyways =)
    moms_sanity

Answer by moms_sanity at 5:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2008