Is my crape myrtle going to bloom by summer?

I was pruning back one of my crape myrtles because it was growing into another tree and I ended up over pruning. I just want to know if it will bloom this summer or is it going to take longer to grow back? I really butchered the poor thing. BTW we live in TX.

urbabe47

Asked by urbabe47 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• it probably will. i've done the same t hing, and it always blooms. last year, after the intial 'greening' started, we had an incredible late frost, and all the 'new' looked melted, black...by summer's blooming time, all was forgiven, and it bloomed like it should..attracted bees and hummingbirds and other winged-creatures..and very pretty fragrant blooms, to boot!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It'll come back. We have three and cut them back to nothing (I mean nothing) every year and they're back by spring and in full bloom by summer. You really can't kill a crape myrtle. ...they're weeds!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009