• In the Spotlight:

what do i give my 3 yr old daughter for a sore throat????i see the dr tomorrow,but shes complaining it hurts bad to swallow???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• popcicles.
    my mom gave them to me all the time.
    try the pediasure medicated ones.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Don't worry about food, just try to get liquids into her. Popsicles like Mommy2Be suggests, ice cream, warm herbal tea with honey, just try different things and see what feels best (or least worst) to her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• also they make sore throat lollipops.
    they helped enough for me to get soup down.
    Anonymous

• This may not work but if you have any honey I've heard that giving a teaspoon of honey will help because its thick and coats the throat better. It helps with coughs.....
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• popsicle and Motrin
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 11:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes, I agree with honey too. I've heard tea with honey or tea with lemon really helps. I've tried straight honey myself and it works for a while because it coats your throat and honey is also proven to be a natural "antibiotic" (though I don't recommend trying to replace regular antibiotics with it!) So try the tea and honey if she needs it more tonight, and to the dr in the morning!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree with honey also! Motrin is great, but doesn't always cut away the stinging sensation in the throat. I would only give the Motrin for bedtime, but thats' my opinion
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• again honey, later on popsicle and somewhere in there fit in motrin and then again honey..she can rest then. whichever she will take first...
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 3:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I warmed up some apple juice with lemon to soothe my babies throats, while they were sick
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have mine drink whole or 2% milk. It coats the throat.
    momo8child

Answer by momo8child at 3:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2009