mildew in bathroom..

i have mildew growing on the cocking along the top of my bath tub. i have tilex daily shower that i try to spray Every day..if not its every couple of days and i always go for the mildew spots to saturate..its made it lighter but hasnt gone away..ive even tried taking a tooth brush w some mr. clean and scrubbing it that way..any tricks to get this mildew off my bathtub??? Help!!

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 4:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I used to have that same problem- it was in the rubbery part and would not go away. i forget what it was called, but i used a gel-like white "paste" that you squeeze out and it doesnt drip, left it there for a long time and it worked good. but, if you leave it too long then it starts eating away at the calking. look for it in the cleaning isle.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 4:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• lol..if i use anything that eats the cocking away, ill just get my maintanence man husband to re cock the bathtub.lol..thanks for the advice! i wish you could remember what its called!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• you can use bleach/clorox w-bleach spray on it to remove the mildew. also, after EVERY shower/anytime it gets wet...be sure to dry the water off..that's where the mildew comes from. if its dry, mildew will not grow. if by c hance you have a leak and its behind the tiles/etc, you will have to fix the leak, also.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• trying to stay away from the bleach becuase im 8 months preggo.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I was pregnant with a mildew problem but my mom was around...She drenched a wash cloth in bleach and place it over the mildew I had on my wall in the corner of my shower...Worked great!
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 7:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use scrubbing bubbles and a magic eraser. I sprayed like a whole can of that stuff in the bathtub to where it was really foamy and left it for awhile. Then I came back and scrubbed with a magic eraser and it worked good.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 9:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• thanks for the advice..any other tricks, let me know!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009