mildew in bathroom..

i have mildew growing on the cocking along the top of my bath tub. i have tilex daily shower that i try to spray Every day..if not its every couple of days and i always go for the mildew spots to saturate..its made it lighter but hasnt gone away..ive even tried taking a tooth brush w some mr. clean and scrubbing it that way..any tricks to get this mildew off my bathtub??? Help!!

Asked by tnteaton at 4:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I used to have that same problem- it was in the rubbery part and would not go away. i forget what it was called, but i used a gel-like white "paste" that you squeeze out and it doesnt drip, left it there for a long time and it worked good. but, if you leave it too long then it starts eating away at the calking. look for it in the cleaning isle.

Answer by snoober_k at 4:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• lol..if i use anything that eats the cocking away, ill just get my maintanence man husband to re cock the for the advice! i wish you could remember what its called!

Answer by tnteaton at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• you can use bleach/clorox w-bleach spray on it to remove the mildew. also, after EVERY shower/anytime it gets sure to dry the water off..that's where the mildew comes from. if its dry, mildew will not grow. if by c hance you have a leak and its behind the tiles/etc, you will have to fix the leak, also.

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• trying to stay away from the bleach becuase im 8 months preggo.

Answer by tnteaton at 4:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I was pregnant with a mildew problem but my mom was around...She drenched a wash cloth in bleach and place it over the mildew I had on my wall in the corner of my shower...Worked great!

Answer by Dayija at 7:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use scrubbing bubbles and a magic eraser. I sprayed like a whole can of that stuff in the bathtub to where it was really foamy and left it for awhile. Then I came back and scrubbed with a magic eraser and it worked good.

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 9:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• thanks for the advice..any other tricks, let me know!!

Answer by tnteaton at 12:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009