whens the earliest you can take a pregnancy test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i took mine a day after my missed period and another the next day it all depends on how high your hormones are
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It really depends on your HGC levels. With some tests you can take them up to 5 days before a missed period but if you HGC levels are not high enough then it will show negative even if you are pregnant. I think it is best to wait a day or two after your missed period, but that can be hard sometimes = )
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Depends on the person and the test.
    The safest thing to do is to assume you don't have a very high HGC level and to follow the directions of the test you buy. One brand says you can test just 3 days after your missed period is to start, other say 5 days. And be sure to test first thing in the morning - the HGC levels in your urine are highest with your first pee of the morning.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I couldn't stop myself from testing all the time when I was TTC. I found out with my first daughter 5 days before I missed a period. The PP is right, if your levels aren't up yet, you will test negative even if it is positive. If you get a positive, you can pretty much trust that it is actually positive and you had enough hormones to register.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009