Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support question

I found out last week that the bio-father of my oldest had his income tax return taken by Child Support Enforcement. It's been 5 years since i have spoekn to this man and he has never seen his daugther. I was just wondering what all it going to happen from here. They didnt tell me much at the CSE besides that im getting money between now nd 6 months from now.

Will i have to appear in court or being in proof of income or bills or anything? I only filed against him bcause i was on assistance when she was born. I never thought anything would ever come of it. So i never looked into the process. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • No. I don't think you will have to show up in court or anything like that. He may contest it somehow but the DA's office may just throw him out the window. They'll send you the money and enjoy it.

    Answer by BingsMommy at 6:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • depenting on your state.. like when i filed months ago i could go online and then, see how much he owed.. thats washington state.. it will have all the info on there and how much it owed and how much is paid.. ect.. if you filed 5 years ago?? do i have that right then i dont see a reason that you would have too.. I mean there would have been an order back then.. and that order is in place till someone asked to get it changed.. i got money from his tax and all that happend was a check in the mail and i saw that change in the amount past due.. anyways i hope that sorta answers your question

    Answer by miss_nevin at 6:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.