If you were given a "do-over" in life......

What's the one thing you'd do different? When my mom had her kids, it was back in the days when they knocked you out and you woke up with a baby. Then when I had my first, she was flying in from out-of-state and didn't get to witness the birth. Then with my second, my DH told me that if HIS mom couldn't be in the delivery room, then mine couldn't either. So, I had the opportunity to have her witness the birth and chose to make my DH happy and not have her there. My brother & his wife can't have kids and had to adopt, so she didn't get to witness their births either. I'd give anything if I could go back and have her with me at the birth of my second. I stole the opportunity for her to witness childbirth from her and I will always regret it.

jburg2541

Asked by jburg2541 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel about your mother not being with you for the birth, when my son was born my exMIL was in the room and my mom got there "just in time" and the Dr told her that MIL would have to leave for her to come in and my MIL REFUSED to leave the room! I swear if I wasn't busy pushing I would have gotten up and kicked her a$$!
    The thing I would change is standing up to my controlling ex and his controlling/meddling family!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'd like to go back to my senior year in high school and do over the bad things I've done then.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 6:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Glad your ex MIL is your EX MIL!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 6:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I regret not saving more money for my kids college tuition, he is now going to a school that cost over 50g a year! YOUCH.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would have waited to get married until after I went off to college. Instead, I got married, with the promise from my ex that we would relocate together so I could go to school. Never happened. I wouldn't have married him at all, if I could do it over again.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 8:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I was all alone when I gave birth to my one and only child. My husband was off messing around. I was induced so it wasn't a big surprise. My dad drove me and let me tell you it was the first,last and only time I ever asked my dad to stick around and hold my hand, but it was too much for him and I think he was scared. Later we learned he had lung cancer and he died when my son (my daddys reason for trying to stay alive) was 22 months old. I wish I would have had SOMEONE with me to see me do this wonderful act. I have no pics of me pregnant or giving birth. I am now in touch with birth and death and everything in between doesn't really matter in the end.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2009