fever with no symptoms

My son will be 1 Thursday. Lately he has a double ear infection. but that was 2 weeks ago and i think we have it cleared up. Yesterday mourning I saw 4 teeth on the top about to come through. Well about 6:30 he last night he was runing a temp of 102 and since then it has been between 101.9-104. He hasn't touched his ears he is eating and drinking fine. the doctor said take him to the hospital if he hits 105. i don't know what to do.

JacksMommy2008

Asked by JacksMommy2008 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah mine had the whole ear infection thing and now he has tubes. friday (his bday) and this morning at 4 am he was running a temp of 103.7 under his arm (which is 104.7 orally). I had brought him to my wk (e.r.) and the doc said that his body is just fighting a virus and that theres nothing they can do. all you can do is just treat the fever. so if he's not pulling his ears, and he doesnt have any other symptoms such as diarrhea or vomiting, then he might be just fighting a virus.
    ambubbett

Answer by ambubbett at 8:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• my son never acted like his ears bothered him until they were full blown double infections. Maybe it didnt go away. Just keep him cool with baths and fluids, wet washcloth so on and tynenol...I know how you feel my son has fevers right now they scare me to death!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My daughter never pulled or messed with her ears when she had an ear infection. She would finish her anitibiotics and a week later have another infection. Her fevers would always run high. I agree with the above post, cool baths and tylenol or motrin.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 6:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009