• In the Spotlight:

carseats

I was wondering, I want to get a front facing carseat for my 9 mon old, but where he falls asleep in the car, I dont want his head bobbing around everywhere, so does anyone have or know of one that would be most comfortable for him? thanks

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The law is set for a reason. To protect your BABY. Please just wait 3 more months until he is one year, AND 20 lbs. I've been anxious to. My son has 13 days to go but I am waiting those 13 days!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Is that legal in your state? ...wow. in california you have to have rear facing car seat for any infant under one year.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well legally you need to wait until he is 20lbs and 1 year old, but many carseats that face front also have a reclining option. So when shopping look for that option.
    Anonymous

• #1 Illegal.

#2 Unsafe.

Think about it before you put your child's life at risk.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• hes already 21lbs lol & yeah its legal here, ive seen them here before.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Is it? Because most seats have a "proper usage law" meaning you must use the seat according to the manufacturer's instructions. And no seat on the marked instructs you to put a child under 1 AND 20 FF. Not 1 OR 20.

Not trying to be rude, it's just something I am passionate about. Maybe his head bobbles because he's not the right size/age for forward facing. I urge you to look further into carseat safety.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If you live in ohio, which I googled it (Gallipolis) And only ohio stuff was showing up- it is illegal. My son was close to 25 lbs at that age too. Its called patience. Its not safe. It is not hurting you one bit to not have him forward facing. Let him be for 3 more months. Trust me- it flies by!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• He should not be forward facing. He will be most comfortable rear facing where he can properly recline. Forward facing seats will not recline enough to "keep his head from bobbing around everywhere".

You will not find a seat for a 9 month old to be forward facing. Just because you've seen them doesn't mean it's legal. I strongly suggest you talk to the police department.

Mine were 21lbs at 6 months. There is no way in hell I would have put them forward facing at that age.

But then...your kid, your rules. You're awfully young at 17 to be taking such a chance to lose a child.
    Anonymous

• My son brycen is going to be 9mons march 6th, and he still doesnt hold his bottle on his own, at all. He used to act like he was trying to, around 6-7 mons, and now he's back to like he was before then. Is that normal? What can I do to get him to try to hold it? We also bought him some bottles with handles, but he wont try those either. (your question from yesterday)

This shows your sons muscles aren't strong enough yet. If he can't even hold his bottle up how is he going to support his head if you get into an accident?

Things like this shows ignorance- and this is what gives young moms a bad rep. They don't think of their child's best interest- instead what THEY want. You really need to take all of this into consideration hon.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Police department is ONLY good if they have a CPST on staff. Only see a CPST on carseat issues (Child passenger safety tech).
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2009