Can anyone tell me how to clean up an old piece of tupperware? It is a square cake keeper, I bought at a yard sale. any ideas?

It is square and feels kind of like it has some kind of build up on it.

Asked by irjtn at 11:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

• did you try soaking it? Our using a plastic booster? Good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'd contact Tupperware directly and/or go on their website and looking up a rep. Either one should be able to direct you as to the tips/tricks to TW clean up. I know that's not the answer but it's just a little suggestion. Hope it helps!

Answer by saralee521 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• soak in a mixture of vinegar and water...

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• a Product called Greased Lightning!It works on resin chairs and wine stains and coffee decanters and ANYTHING Plastic. Plus a million other tings!! Wal-mart and grocery stores carry it.

Answer by vbruno at 12:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would use Dawn detergent and soak it, then rinse with vinegar. In the future when using plastic wear with food that stains,,,like tomato sauce..spray the container with vegetable oil spray before will prevent the sauce from penetrating the bowls.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Call the Tupperware Company for the closest store.. they have a lifetime policy and will replace it for a new one!!

Answer by annie91c2000 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try srubbing it with Paste of baking soda and water.

Answer by meima1 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• First set it outside in the heat, Then take it inside and soak in hot water for approx. 20 mintues. Then place baking soda in the bottom of the container and a little warm water to make a paste. scrub it and then let it sit for 5 mintues. Wash as normal if this does not work find a consultant near you and they will help you. If not contact me I will, I am a consultant.:)

Answer by rek2 at 1:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2008

• I can get it replaced with a new one if you like I am a Tupperware Manager. Here is my site you can contact me directly from there.
    If you don't want to go that route try baking soda with some lemon juice made into a paste usaully works great and any smells out.

Answer by Nascarmom at 7:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2009