What are good table foods to start with?

I have been giving my daughter puffs and she loves them but what else can I give an almost ten month old? She has tried mashed potatoes and stuff like that. She is obviously still on formula and baby foods... What are good starters with table food?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 6:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kaylee is almost 10 months, and the doctor gave her the OK to eat anything that we eat, aside from honey, peanuts, and citrus foods.

So far we have given her scrambled eggs (I make it in big chunks so she can pick it up) Banana's (I give her 1/2 at a time...she was not interested in it cut up in pieces) any kind of veggie, so long as its soft enough for her. I have given Kaylee green beans and broccoli, and carrots. I cook them so that they are tender but firm so that that they are not mushy but she can still get bites with her two little teeth.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Start giving her bits off your plate. You know how she's doing with chewing and such by now...my guys were already completely on table foods at that age. They ate like there was no tomorrow. LOL

If you're concerned about a food being too tough, test it. If you can mash it between the roof of your mouth and your tongue, she can definitely gum it up and eat it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• We never did baby foods, no mashed foods, no purees.

At 6 months our daughter went straight to eating what we ate, with her hands.
    Her favourites were -
    Broccoli heads,
    Steamed carrot sticks,
    Toast sticks wth pesto,
    Sweet potato fries,
    Grilled courgette,
    Cucumber slices.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I've found my son, who's 8 months..enjoy's cooked carrots kinda mashed a bit..also pieces of banana, very soft rice is good..anything that isn't to chewy works great..or too crunchy. You just have to steam it soft so it keeps all it's nutrients..boiling cooks the vitamins right out of the veggies etc.
    Anonymous

• NO EGG WHITES huge no no, very bad!! It causes food allergies to develop, yolks only!!!
    Anonymous