Does this bother anyone else?

But really. Am i the only one that gets even the slightest bit irritated when you read these questions like "my 3 year old son isnt talking, is that normal?" or "how do i potty train my 4 year old daughter?" or "is it safe to breastfeed if i'm drunk?" ...okay. so i made up the last question. ...but really. I mean, do parents really not know that your child should be saying their first word around the age of one year. do parents really no know that at 4 years old thier child should've at least have STARTED being potty trained for 2 years (or so) already. ...i dont mean to be rude, ...but ...do any moms ever take their kids to the doctors or read any freaking parenting books?! maybe it's just me. ...idk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes I agree with you. Questions like "my 1 month old is running 109 degree fever" or "my son hit his head and is having a seizure, what do I do?" drive me crazy. But sometimes I think moms really are not sure if it's worth bothering their doctor. A lot of doctors are impatient and treat moms like they are stupid.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I just think for a lot of moms it's easier for other people to give them the answers than for them to do the research themselves.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 6:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• sometimes i feel like people just want to ask a questions and read a reply, just cuz they bored
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't mind. Everyone likes to hear about other people's experiences with their children. I know that I worry about EVERYTHING! And yes, I may ask a stupid question, but it's just nice to know that other people may have experienced the same thing I am and then I can just ease my mind. I read the books, I look on the Internet, but it's nice to get some real answers.
    Anonymous

• You're not alone. Sometimes it really scares me reading these questions.
    Anonymous

• I'm just tired of seeing all the same questions all the time....does no one search any more?
    Anonymous

• Wow, that took you a long time to write that. That must have been pretty annoying.
    Anonymous

• Every child develops at different rates and so if a mother asks a question about her child's development, it's not for you to judge her. She asks for ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse us, MISS KNOW IT ALL. It's people like you and questions like these that irritate me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• LOL>..I've seen the "is it safe to drink and breastfeed"
    Anonymous

• I am not against questions about development and things like that, it's questions about issues that should really be obvious that drive me up the wall.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 7:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2009