Vacation or No vacation...that is the question.

We were planning on going to California for a week this Summer with part of our tax refund, but now we're second guessing, wondering if we should use that money towards things for the house. Help me decide what to do...I'm torn!

If it makes a difference, we would already be saving money on lodging because DH's best friend lives there (Corona). The money would be used on plane tickets and activities.

TIA!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I just moved from So Cal and don't plan on ever going back. What is the draw? What do you want to do there that you can't do where you already live? I lived near Corona, it's a nice place.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well, it's always nice to go somewhere different from where you live. That's like saying if you lived on a beautiful tropical island, why ever leave? Well, there are so many other places to see. I say if you really want to go, then go!! It will be a nice experience for your children.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Definitely disagree with the first post...
    A vacation is a great time to make memories with your family. And its great to just get away and spend time together anyway. Who cares if you do similar things on vacation (not that I know anyone who does that)? Its being together, and experiencing another place in the world that really matters.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well, how long has it been since you had a vacation? Sometimes it's nice to just get away. And since you're already saving money on lodging, it sounds like a good vacation to me. We're taking our first vacation in YEARS this summer and I could care less where we go as long as it's away for a while!
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You all are making me feel much better about this. To answer the first post...I live in Oklahoma, so there's tons more to do in Cali then there is here...lol.

We haven't had a vacation since before DS was born and that was almost 6 years ago. We would actually be celebrating his birthday there.

We want to to go to Disneyland,The San Diego zoo, a MLB game, and go to the beach. The thing is, is that we've heard it takes at least two days to really enjoy Disneyland and we can only afford to go one day. The beach is free so that's a plus, but the zoo is expensive.

I am also ALL about the making memories part...that's what I told DH. Eeven though DIsney land will always be there...our kids won't always be little.
    Anonymous