ok so i need ideas-

my kids keep going through phases of eating lots and then eating nothing lol and i know this is normal but i would really like to pack wut they do eat with as much nutrition as possible so i was wondering if any of u can give me ideas on stuff to feed my kids- ages range from 5 to 2 maybe if u can give some examples of a normal days menu that u might give ur kids that would be alot of help thanks- ill try anything right about now- im even considering buying a juicer to sneak veggies into them! lol please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have 2 picky eaters.... to start off with I give them Turkey on Wheat bread, fruit roll-up or 100% fruit snacks. And I send them with a bag of pretezels. Also instead of juice I found Hawaiian Punch that you add to water put 1 pack into a bottle of water and you get a nice drink with only 5 calories and no sugars!
    Good LUck
    crazystepmom713

Answer by crazystepmom713 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well my friend bought a cook book with recipes like meatloaf and stuff like that but they have purreed vegetables in it and the kids don't know the difference. She said that they have you puree it ahead of time and freeze that way you always have some stored when you get ready to cook. That way they are eating there normal and you are giving them vegetables they don't even know are there. Hope that helps.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 11:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have hidden veggies in my daughters food. I like to steam carrotts and put in the food processor and add it to spagetti sauce. I also make sweet potato fries. I peel and cut sweet potato into steak fries. Spray with olive oil spray ( like pam). Make sure to coat well and toss to get all sides. Sprinkle with salt pepper and chili powder. She thinks these are "Halloween Fries" and dips them in ranch and BBQ. She would die if she knew she was eating sweet potato. She eats alot more if I let her dip it. She will dip french fries in ketchup. sometimes I give her a little plate with a few dip on it like ketchup, bbq, mustard, & ranch. She will try to figure out which dip is the best and eats atleast a few veggies by trying every dip.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have to say I am very lucky. One daughter is rather picky about how things are prepared, but will eat most things we fix. Except the baby, nobody in our house likes cooked veggies and they eat just about any veggie as long as its raw. My problem is getting them to eat protein other than steak. They love crab and shrimp, but that can get expensive.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009