• In the Spotlight:

Any tips on how to heal quickly from wisdom tooth removal surgery?

I had mine out this week and am still in agony! I know its harder on me because I waited way too long to get them out. Anyone have ideas on how to speed up the process? I don't have time for this lol!

usbornebooksdh

Asked by usbornebooksdh at 7:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Health

• I don't know for sure about a scientific basis, but the guy I buy vitamins from said take extra C and E, and mine healed pretty quickly. But I didn't have pain after a day or two. It sounds to me as if you need to call your dental surgeon and see if he or she will prescribe or recommend another painkiller. And if you are in agony then maybe an urgent care center or the ER now. Something that I used when my gums hurt from a crown was to rub whiskey or another liquor on the gum. Although, I can't say whether it was the pain relieving feature of the alcohol rubbed on my gum or the fact that I swallowed a little bit of it. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 7:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Pain Meds and liquids or soft foods...I always made sure that my mouth stayed clean of any food after I ate. I made sure I rinsed really well and I was given a little syringe to rinse out the back of my mouth...It got better after about a week and a half or so.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 7:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Ok so about a week and half. I was thinking I'd be healed in a couple of days, its been 6!!!
    I rolled over on something hard in my bed and broke one side open two nights ago and now its just nothing is working! Thanks for the advice ladies!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 7:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My 17 year old son just has his out this week too. On Tuesday and he is still very swollen, sore and recovering very slowly. The best thing to do is to make sure you do the salt water thing and keep up with the anti-biotic, if you got one. Best Wishes!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It takes a couple of weeks. It's a very traumatic surgery to have those teeth pulled..I remember it took me a few weeks before I could eat solid foods. Hope you feel better!!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• thank you! yeah its slowly slowly slowly starting to heal!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009