How do you get views on your journals?

This is probably silly but I've noticed a lot of people on here have thousands of views on their journals and I always just get a couple. What makes certain journal posts more popular and how do you get people to view yours? Thanks guys!

usbornebooksdh

Asked by usbornebooksdh at 7:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in About CafeMom

• As far as I know, it depends on the title or the topic being interesting enough to draw people to it. Maybe I'm wrong, If it's something else, I'm not aware of it!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Like BlessedMommy64 said, it needs to have an interesting tittle to make people want to read it. Also at the bottom of journals there is a button "Should this be a Popular post?" and it has yes and no. People can click yes to vote your post popular.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 10:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Having a large friends list helps! =D J/K actually it doesn't.

A catchy title is a must and well written content. A good journal will get word of mouth and get passed on. Also something topical or controversial might help.

Views are kind of misleading though. If you look at the comments for a high view journal. Say it has 32 comments and it has a poll. It will have around 230-260 views just for those 32 people who left a comment/ voted in the poll, plus views for every time the author checked her post. That doesn't count anyone who looked in and didn't vote or comment or clicked in and just read comments. Everything counts as a view.

each time anyone opens the journal
    each vote yes or no adds a view
    each comment adds a view
    each new page of comments read adds a view
    each poll vote adds a view
    refreshing the browser page will also produce views

Works mostly the same with group posts as well.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009