Does anyone know a holistic way to treat a ganglion cyst? My 3 year old has one on his foot.

ericarasm

Asked by ericarasm at 7:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it truly is a ganglion cyst, there's not much you SHOULD do at home, as it needs to be drained or removed, if it has to be treated.
    Since children RARELY get ganglion cysts, though, be sure that's actually what it is. It's on a JOINT, right? Normally in children, it can go away on it's own.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• He had an x-ray done and they said that it is a ganglion cyst. It has been getting worse throughout the months. Someone told me that they thought there were some holistic remedies for this, by putting something on the skin. The regular "foot doctor" says that there isn't much you can do besides wrapping it or having it drained, since my son is only 3 he doesn't want to do any type of surgery on him.
    ericarasm

Answer by ericarasm at 4:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2009