• In the Spotlight:

Potty training and working at the same time?

My daughter is only 15 months old, but I plan on starting potty training when she is 18 months. I am going back to work next week. I was wondering, how are you supposed to work out potty training while youre working full time? Im even having trouble finding a good daycare that takes untrained kids. So Im in a real bind. And idk if I could reaaaaly trust a babysitter to help me with it, you never know what theyre doing when youre not around. Ah! I really dont want to go back to work. I am so afraid that my child is going to be a mess, because she lives by her schedule. If I go so much as 20 minutes off schedule, thats it, I have to stay up with her allllll night. Bleh...this is causing me sooooo much anxiety! If anyone knows how Im feeling please PM me or something, Id like to talk to people going through the same thing as me.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can do like I did, I put my dd in regular panties, showed her what she was suppose to do and let her go, we had lots of accidents the first day, a few less the next day and by 3 days she was completely potty trained, wouldn't even let me put a pull-up on her to sleep in. You can try this method on a weekend or this week before you start back to work. Good luck.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009