I am wanting to start a free program for teen moms in high school

.I want to know if this is something that if you were a teen mom would have taken advantage of for yourself and for your baby...The program would be set up so that each girl that is a teen parent or pregent and is enrolled in school would get sum sort of coupon (which would be provided to the teacher by me) to come to a

proundmomof6

Asked by proundmomof6 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would like to help. If you get one started let me know. I would like to start one at the local high schools here.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 7:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think it is a great idea. Teen mothers need all the support they can get.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• That's a great idea!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am a teen mother and wish that they did that at my school. Please let me know how you started this I would love to start this at my high school.
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 8:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think this is a great idea!!!
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 8:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i dont think teens mom should be in public shcools . it looks bad, and is dangerous! they should have a seperate school for those girls. a seperate, safe place that they can get the education and help that they need, why take money from the sports,arts music classes in high schools that 90% of the other kids work hard to be in to pay for the few that made a mistake
    Anonymous

• That sounds awesome. I think that would give young moms an incentive to stay in school, and that is the best thing they can do. If you can get the funds for it, I say go for it. How wonderful that someone is wanting to help these moms make something of themselves AND take care of their children, rather than bashing them and expecting them to go without and ultimately fail.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 8:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I had my son at 16...I think this would be a great Idea...maybe with your coupons the higher their grades the better stuff or more stuff they get
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 9:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I agree with this answer:
    i dont think teens mom should be in public shcools . it looks bad, and is dangerous! they should have a seperate school for those girls. a seperate, safe place that they can get the education and help that they need, why take money from the sports,arts music classes in high schools that 90% of the other kids work hard to be in to pay for the few that made a mistake
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• But I think helping teen moms out to learn to deal with it all is a very noble cause. Good luck
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009