stretch marks

Anyone got rid of yours? & how? I have tons, on my stomach mostly, I never let my bf see me w/o clothes anymore because of them, it makes me feel so fat-like. Their also on my boobs, thighs, arms, and lower back.

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

•  

Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady's article at the link below.

http://www.stretchmarkszapped.com

jennifer8055

Answer by jennifer8055 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• They dont go away, they just get lighter in color. Its basically a rip or stretch of the skin, so its hard if not impossible to get rid of them, I have them from my pregnany 4 yrs ago and they just got lighter in color, I dont think they will ever totally fade or go away...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I know it's not healthy for your skin, and there's a risk of skin cancer, blah blah blah, but I have found that tanning in a tanning bed has helped tremendously with stretch marks. If you're not looking to expose your face, most tanning beds have an option to just tan your body.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 8:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think you either get them and live with them or you don't. My mother had 8 kids, no stretch marks. My oldest sister had 7 kids, no stretch marks. I had 2...stretch marks. My other sister had 2, stretch marks. Not really sure what's going on with this.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I sell and love Avon products. www.youravon.com/dhullum

Start out trying the Refine Stretch Mark Smoother its on clearance for $5.99 and helps a lot.

If you have cellulite as well try the Super Shape Anti-Cellulite & Stretch Mark Cream.

And if your stretch marks are really deep or purple its worth investing in getting a tube
    of ANEW CLINICAL Professional Stretch Mark Smoother. Its $25 and well worth the money. A tube lasts forever too. I had a purple one on my thigh turn to regular flesh color in about a months time!!!

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=33929&from=search&find_spec=stretch%20marks&camp=200905&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1

If you want to try one of the products i'll ship it to you for free with free shipping code fsany on my website! Good Luck! That will help you for sure!!!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You're stuck with them for life...No matter the cocoa butter use or not. If you were meant to get them you're going to get them. If you're one of the lucky ones (not me) you'll never see them. If you go to a dermatologist they have treatments to lighten them to the point that they almost disappear.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes, cocoa butter, plain Queen Helene Cocoa Butter! It really worked on mine, they are completely gone. When I would rub it on I would pull my skin to make sure it was getting in the cracks of the stretch marks(sounds gross now that I wrote it) but seriously, I even had stretch marks on my legs from track back in high school and it's been about 6 years and I even got rid of those with the cocoa butter! Again plain old Cocoa Butter, not the fancy "ohh take away your stretch marks" cream but normal old fashion ghetto looking cocoa butter!
    Anonymous