are there any moms out there dealing with a baby with club foot?

my son was born with a club foot. we just finished casting, and are waiting to find out if he will need surgery or additional casting/bracing. i dont know anyone else who has gone through this, so i really dont know what to expect.

MommaGoose2

Asked by MommaGoose2 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Health

• my sister had a mild case of clubed foot. but she didnt need a cast or braces or anything. sorry i cant be of any more help. Good luck to you and you LO!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My son had mild clubbing on both feet. We were able to keep him in orthopedic shoes (they looked as though they were regular shoes (but toeless) but on the wrong foot.) (People kept stopping us and telling us our son had his shoes on the wrong feet. )He was in them almost a year but then was OK.
    Good luck to your son, I hope the cast fixed him up.

Answer by Bmat at 8:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My son was born with bi lateral club feet on Feb 2. 2009. I had no idea what to expect. At 4 days old, he was put in casts. We had them changed every two weeks. I felt so sorry for him having to have those big clunky things on. I think the worst part is not being able to give them tub baths. Last week he had his surgery to lengthen his achilles tendon. Within one day he was back to his happy self and didn't even have to have Tylenol. I was so scared handing him over to the nurses, but he did great. The surgery is pretty quick too and that helps keep the panic at bay. In two more weeks we will have the casts removed and have him fitted for his "magic shoes". It can seem overwhelming, but I know that he needs this in order to be able to run, jump, and play. Good luck to you both and hang in there!
    scout001

Answer by scout001 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Hey! My daughter was born july 7, 09 she was born with bi-lateral club feet we have been in cast since she was 6 days old and beginnin gof october she had her heel cords clipped
    Mprater

Answer by Mprater at 12:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2009