What is your favorite book and why?

It seems like I've read just about everything out there lol.
I'd like to hear some of your favorite page turners and why you liked them!

usbornebooksdh

Asked by usbornebooksdh at 7:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• only one favorite ...
    idk. but Stranger in a Strange Land was a good book. it's sci fi but not like aliens take over the world kinda thing. ...idk. i loved it. i'd read it again.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• the host by stephanie meyer
    Its so interesting, and you get into fast,
    unlike most books it starts good, and not slow.
    In the end, your wanting the next one out right then lol
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Right now (it changes a lot) it's
    "A Widow For One Year" by John Irving. I like how it goes through the woman's life and John Irving is the best. The movie, "The Door in the Floor" is the first part of this book.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'm still sold on To Kill A Mockingbird. It's just a well written story that takes me through a gamut of emotions and settles me back down in the end. I like that. I like the Sharon McCrumb's appalachian series like Ghostriders and Ballad of Frankie Silver (first woman hanged in NC).

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• world without end, by ken follet.....such an awesome story based on true historical research...a love story, at a time when women were burned at the stake just for having an opinion...would read it over and over again!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The Yokota Officers Club. its a fiction about a military brat in the 60s & 70s. it has a great drama that the girl doesn't realize she had a part in as a child (she is writting it as a young adult).

its my fav book b/c it takes place in Japan (specifically Okinawa) where i grew up. she describes the base & many aspects of military brat life that describe my own life even tho i was on the island in the late 90s.

my mom read it before i did and really enjoyed it. even tho she didnt experience Okinawa as a child. its a really great read!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My favorite book (actually reading it right now) is Hunter by James Byron Huggins. I love this book so much that it is my 8th time reading it. It is a page turner. action right from the start.
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I circle back to "Pride and Prejudice" when I can't find anything else to read. Hmm, I may go find it now that I'm thinking of it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• OOps, forgot to answer WHY:
    I like it because it shows how much our actions can be misperceived by others and how much we can be wrong. I like how it displays interaction between different people, and how attitude (especially the differences in attitude betweeen the sisters) can effect your life.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2009