childcare::how much would you expect to pay someone To:

drop yr (9yo) child off to school/pick them up and help with homework/ projects -5 days a wk-- and babysit them 30hrs each week (scattered days) often including mealtimes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• honestly it depends on where you live and the rates people have around there. Here people charge from 20 to 40 dollars a day depending on what you are asking of them to do. I hope this helps some.
    Cazzie

Answer by Cazzie at 8:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Just please don't be a sucker like I was. I did all this for 6 bucks a day and it was more work then it was worth. I said yes at the time because I was desperate for money and she knew this.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Just to have a sitter/daycare for that amount of hours usually costs about $75-$150 week (in my area). Now throw in transportation (will gas be paid by parents or caregiver?), school work and other things- I wouldn't do it for less than $150 a week. I'd be pushing about $200 a week.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Around here you can get full time (45+ hours / week) childcare for $100 a week, even for infants.
    Trying to get more than that for after school isn't practical.
    I believe I'd check with a local daycare in your area and see what they are charging for after school care, and charge accordingly. Yes, you are also providing before school care and help with homework, but they are a licensed factily, so that should work itself out.
    Personally, I think $10 a day sounds fair.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 6:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i just want to add that a licensed facility is watching many kids - and not offering the same one on one attn- --- so they can afford to charge 6-10/day--- which to me sounds insane
    Anonymous