I would like to know how to increase my beast milk supply

homemaker2009

Asked by homemaker2009 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When i needed to increase mine, I was told to get alfalfa tablets or maybe tea, I can't remember which. That is what dairy farmers give to cows to increase milk supply (((MOO))). Also, eating large amounts of oatmeal is supposed to help. The lactation consultant at the hospital where I had my daughter told me about both of these things. I didn't get alfalfa because the guy at the health food store told me it could interfere with birth control, not sure if that's true or not. Do you have a lactation consultant you could call, that would totally be your best bet for help. Good Luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The lactation consultant I talked to when I had my problem "suggested" that I try Fenugreek capsules and/or Mother's Milk Tea. I didn't see an increase in milk production with the capsules. I started drinking Mother's Milk Tea. The tea was what worked for me. I drank alot of that. Also, what you eating is just as important as what you are drinking.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009