My 6 year old forgets to wipe herself after going #2. How can we get her to not be so lazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try those "Kandoo" fun wipes. Gimmicky, sure, but anything to keep her clean.
    Anonymous

• How about you not being lazy, act like a mom and stick by her side, reminding her and teaching her until she gets it, um duh, B_E_ A_ M_ O_ M, some kids need a little more TLC than others be patient
    Anonymous

• Well when you call your kid names sometimes they get depressed , Depressed people don't always care about themselves
    How about trying a positive attitude and helping her The Kando's are good
    Anonymous

• um to the second anon answer- atop being a bitch! my goodness- please forgive the language but seriously- people who swear they are the better mom usually are the worst! get over urself- just cause her daughter is having a hard time wiping herself doesnt mean shes a bad mom- seriously my 5 yr old will poop sometimes without telling me and i wont know till its time to give a bath that he hasnt wiped himself- some kids want that privacy and dont want there moms hovering over them all the time- makes me wonder about u if u do hover while ur child poops- damn can ur child even feed itself?
    anyways- to the origional post just give it time and be patient with her- shell get it- my son had to be reminded constantly and i told him that if he didnt learn to do it on his own he might make his butt hurt with a rash- and he eventually got it- now mind u he still has issues now and then but it will come- and i swear by the kandoo
    Anonymous

• cont- wipes they help make it easier for young children that cant quite get the hang of wiping yet
    Anonymous

• maybe you wouldn't believe... my twelve yr old son... unti now .I'm still cleaning his butt..!!! be patient and try to understand your kid.. time will come, !!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I started going into the bathroom with her and asking her did you wipe your butt. I told her the other day in front of her friends that if she did not start wiping her but I would have to do like i do for the twin boys I watch during the day. She said she didn't want me to wipe her butt, she is not a baby she is a big girl. I told her to start acting like one. It worked. I know it sounds rude, but she wants to act like a big girl and do big girl things then it is time she starts doing everything big girls do.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Thank you to everyone who has responded in a positive way with good advice! We have tried and tried with her. We can not always be in the bathroom with her, its just not feasible. She is 6 and is VERY independent. We constantly remind her to wipe, more often than not we walk in and find a turd floating in the toilet with no paper! haha(sorry so graphic.) So its a flushing issue as well! I just got her some wipeys and hopefully that will help. I have talked to her numerous times about cleanliness and hygiene and about being a big girl and a little lady and yada yada yada... So hopefully the wipeys will help. I'm really glad to know that its not just mine out there who does this! I cant tell you how many undies I have had to throw away! Keeping my fingers crossed!!
    barbison

Answer by barbison at 11:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would think just keep reminding and asking. Did you wipe? Did you flush? Did you wash your hands? LOL
    I have to ask my 6 yr old about the flushing.. she always forgets to flush.
    My daughter loves wipes too, I just use regular baby wipes and she throws them in the trash. GOOD LUCK!
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 6:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Wow ladies.. grow up... seriously. Gawd, there are some freaking wack jobs in here. Go find a new hobby and stop tormenting people.
    deputywife

Answer by deputywife at 3:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009