I need to know how I increase my breast milk supply

I put my daughter on a bottle and had to put her on formula bc I didnt get a chance to pump her a bottle and now my milk supply is low how can I increase it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you could drink alot of liquids but you HAVE to feed or pump in order to produce more milk, if you dont then it doesnt produce
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• mothers milk tea and alfelfa vitamins and if that dont help as much as u need u need to see ur doctor because there is a med he can put u on
    Anonymous

• also try taking warm showers before BF ur baby that helps alot
    Anonymous

• I am a little confused about you not being able to pump. But, to increase supply: Pump more often, make sure you are getting proper nutrition and rest. Try drinking mothers milk tea ( It always worked for me ). And make sure you are nursing any time you are with the baby. That should do it!
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If you are breastfeedng from the breast and not working outside the home- throw away the bottles and formula and just nurse nurse nurse. The more you nurse the more your body understands the need to make more milk.

If you are exclusvely pumping - think twice about this, women who suceeded at providing their babies with breast milk for longer than a couple of months while exclusvely pumping are few and far between and were FAR too dedcated to "put her on formula bc I didnt get a chance to pump".

The best way to keep your supply up is to feed her on demand, from your breast throughout the day and involve no bottles or formula.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Drop bottles and nurse. Only nurse. This will boost your supply back to where it should be.(if it is even really low)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2009