Any kid camps or seminars to motivate children (8 yrs old) to be positive thinker?

my son always puts himself down or says he cant do somthing and i want to rid him of these thoughts but i am having no luck doing on my own. any courses like tony robbins for kids out there?
thank you

Positivekid

Asked by Positivekid at 8:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• in my area there is a camp run by YMCA. And i know they have the program in other areas as well. so you might try looking into your local YMCA
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• thank you but I mean any specific programs on motivation for kids or positive thinking etc.
    Positivekid

Answer by Positivekid at 8:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• When my daughter was young one of the teachers took the whole class outside and they buried the word "Can't" in the ground. I thought it was a good idea. She reinforced it throughout the year. Whenever a child say they "can't" do something....she reminded them that they had buried that word, so they could not use it.

I don't know of any camps (sometimes local hospitols or your school district offer classes for kids on this stuff) American Girl has books out there for girls "You can do it" etc. so I am sure they have similar for boys.

Keep reminding your son to try to do different things and pick up on the littlest things that he does right and remind him of it...to start to build his confidence.
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 8:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• camp won't do it. You have to do it

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009