Has gas stations in your area started listing prices for cash only or credit card only?

I went to get gas tonight and I thought it was 4.06 when we put the card in it said 4.14...I looked closer and the 4.06 was for CASH only. I think this is really messed up...

Asked by Mimomof3boys at 11:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We have had that for a while. But I am starting to see it at more and more stations lately. I have a problem with that. With the gas prices so high, it cost almost $100 to fill my tank and I don't just carry $100 around in my pocket.
    I started buying costco gas. It's great it only takes cards and it's 10-15 cents cheaper than the other stations around.

Answer by mamaof3gr8kids at 11:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Our area has had it that way for a few years now...

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• our gas prices have always been that way. if you pay with credit, the station has to pay a fee to process it.

Answer by kel328 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I've never seen that!

Answer by michelle.west at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yep- I used to take Credit Cards w/ my business, but it is sooo crazy expensive. I always try to use cash when I am at a "mom and pop" place or at a spa or salon... and ALWAYS cash when I tip- so they don't have to claim it all... sneeky... I've been there...

Answer by Lainee at 11:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I haven't noticed that, but I don't have a credit card either. I've noticed a few gas stations that won't let people pay at the pump with any type of cards now though.

Answer by jamie8506 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• that's screwed up! BUT you gotta thank all the bad apples in the bunch. hopefully this is a way to keep ppl from using credit cards for gas n not paying back the expenses.

Answer by momofallboys109 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• In my town, they do that for diesel but not for regular gas yet. Thank goodness, because I hate carrying around cash and I hate taking my 3 year old into the store because then he will want to buy everything in there! Which is probably why some gas stations are charging more for debit/credit card use. They don't make much money selling the gas but rather selling the items in the store.

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• no, not yet.

Answer by joyfulmom30 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Never seen that. I'm sure it's coming soon.

Answer by momma2merks at 11:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008