Getting the shakes/tremors in the first trimester?

This morning when I woke up, I had uncontrollable shakes. Muscle spasms, I guess you can call it. I was a little dehydrated, but drinking water didn't help the shakes. They went away when I got in a warm bath and relaxed, but before then it was like I COULDN'T get any of my muscles to relax. It really freaked me out.... could this be pregnancy related? OR not? Is it the hormones?
Is it just stress because I'm so stressed?
I don't know what it would be...has ANYONE had this happen to them before? It would be my shoulders, then hands, then legs, then feet, and never all at once, but like spasms down my arms, then down my legs, and my neck would make my head jerk... it was just odd.

MamaCatCat

Asked by MamaCatCat at 8:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor....could be something serious.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009