My 16 year old daughter is sexually active.

Im taking her to a gyno to be checked for std's! She doesnt wanna go. Have any of you had to deal with this? I know shes is active cause I read a text of hers and she admits it. Im just concerned for her. Any Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just put her on the PILL!! My mom knew is was active and she didnt help me or take me to the doc to get on the pill.
    Anonymous

• yes i went through it i was the 16 year old. my mom forbid me to talk to my bf, took my phone away and it only made it worse. i hated her, i snuck around and i know it sounds cliche but it made me what to do it more. idk if this helps but its what i went through
    Anonymous

• Yes i have thought of the pill for her. But if I take her and she doesnt let them exam her. I guess then i wont be able to help her.
    Anonymous

• yea. tell her that you wanna take her to the gyno not only to get her tested but also to get condoms and to put her on the pill. tell her that if she's going to do it she needs to be responsible. if you find out she is not being responsible there will be consequences.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I know as a adult i hate the gyno.. so i could imagine as a teenager.. Its a huge deal!
    Anonymous

• My mom asked me if I was having sex at that age & I lied then when I was 18 I find out I was having a baby.Dont get me wrong I love my son but if you dont want to be a grandma get her the pill.
    Anonymous

• my mom didnt want to know and pretended she didnt.... im going to bribe my daughter LOL.... $100,000 if she stays a virgin until she graduates college :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Putting her on the pill DOES NOTHING for STD's anon, have her checked for STD's, talk to her about them and ways to prevent them and stay safe, at this point iformation and education is the only thing you can do, birthcontrol is a doulde edged sword, yes it prevents unwanted pregnancies but nothing for AIDS/HIV, herpes etc... If you put her on birthcontrol she needs to understand condoms MUST be used as well, everytime and if the guy says NO, then she does not continue..Kids are great at thinking "this can not happen to me" but it does. If you can find out why she is having sex..is she being pressured to by her friends or boys etc..The more you know the better able you are to help her, keep the lines of communication open from here on out.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• A blood test can detect most STD's so she does not have to have the exam, but the exam will help. Dont give her the option to refuse the exam, take her cell phone, computer, car, money away...she has to know this is serious and this is for her protection not to devistate her.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't do the pill, but the shot instead that way you know she is protected instead of taking a piull that she could just accidently forget to take
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009