Dilation question

Has anyone ever heard of drinking orange juice with castor oil to make you dilate same night?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 9:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eeeeewwww I heard castor oil will gove you the runs which might stimulate contractions, but you still wont go into active labor til you're ready!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 9:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My sister did that, didn't help, made her poop a lot though. lol
    Before you try anything like that though talk to your doc b/c most of them don't suggest using castor oil.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well I'm due thursday and i don't think i feel like doing any extra pooping right now...I just want to speed up the process
    MiMiBreezy

Answer by MiMiBreezy at 9:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No...if your body is ready for labor it can send you in, but it can also give you awesome diarrhea, and can cause baby to have a bowel movement while still in the uterus which can be dangerous.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• castor oil will make you contract, not make you dialate,
    and ya , your baby could poop inside you too, which is bad.
    plus the risk of dehydration. ect ect ect.
    beleive me don't do it .. well i never did it but really.... do you wanna be shitting all over your kid? lol
    if you wanna speed it up, evening primrose oil on the cervix, will soften it :D
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Semen will soften the cervix. If I were you i wouldn't do the castor oil. I tastes discusting. Bout made me puke trying to chug it. And then all I did was poop my guts out all night. Not even one contraction from it. it wasnt worth the pain. I know in the end you just want the baby out. But sex and walking is about all you should do. Anything else could be dangerous and doesnt usually work like castor oil and nipple stimulation and rasberry tea and so on.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009