Anyone have a child born with a submucous cleft palate?

21 months ago our son was born with a real minor submucous cleft palate. He just had surgery this past January for it. The surgery and his healing went better than expected. I'm sorta new here but just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as my husband and I. We'd like to hear others stories too. Prayers and thoughts to all.

jilligan362

Asked by jilligan362 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Health

• No, I'm sorry that I don't share your experience, but I wanted to wish your son well and send blessings and prayers your way. {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Thanks. That made my day.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I just found out my 1 month old daughter has one but I dont fully understand what it is yet the drs werent too clear when explaining the whole thing to me.
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 5:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Look it up on maybe webmd.com. Ask your doctor for pamphlets to help understand it more. I understand it as the hard part of the roof of the mouths didn't close like it should have. Here in Minnesota, they did a blood test on my little guy and found out there's part of a chromosome missing. Hard to take in as a parent. Other than the minor cleft palate and his delay of speech somewhat, he's doing good.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son is 5 now..and was born with a submucous cleft...very minor...never has had an ear infection. And they think with speech therapy he wont need surgery. His speech is improving alot, but he is still frustrated because alot of times people can not understand him.
    sjhdcb

Answer by sjhdcb at 12:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2010