Do politics come between you and your extended family?

Hmm so normally we just don't TALK about it, recently I'm thinking to myself "self I love these people, but I can't even respect their point of views because they are that twisted."

Mind you I can respect their RIGHT to whateer POV they want, but not the POV itself.

Praying

Asked by Praying at 9:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• it comes up. i just try to sort of....well, basically i am just careful of what i talk about and how. it doesn;t come between us, but we definately disagree. lol. my bf and i disagree. his parents are worse. ha ah
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No. We are all conservatives...my family and my husband's.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Nope, we have the same POVs on most everything (thank goodness 'cause man does my FIL love to talk politics!).
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes, it is a big problem. Especially this past election, I was told by my entire family Ishould be ashamed, that my greatgrandmother would be rolling over in her grave because I was going to vote for "that man". And during the primarys, my dad was discussing the Democratic nominees and said he hopes Hillary Clinton didnt get elected because he "doesnt trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesnt die" Yep, thats my father! I didnt speak to him for a while after that.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My favorite Aunt and Uncle are VERY conservative republicans. I am NOT! LOL
    We dont talk about it alot, although my Aunt did talk to myself and my mother abour Barack Obama and she actually ended up voting for him, The first democrat she has ever voted for.

The only time I talked to my uncle about it was during the campaign (a few weeks before the election) and I said so whats the word, who ya voting for? He said, honestly, I can't stand either one of them and they're both running out of time to change my mind! LOL....So, Im still not sure who he voted for...I think it was McCain though
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Nope, we are all Dems. Even my husband's family are all Dems. I had one Repub. uncle and he got disowned along time ago. Havn't seen him in 15 years.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Luckily for me we all picked the same person..my family and my husbands with the exception of one of my BIL's. We rarely disagree on politics.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Trippyhippy:
    Did he get disowned for being republican or was there another reason? Thats crazy if he got disowned for just that!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• it comes yop on occasion. we all have our own opionion but it never "gets in the way"
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Trippyhippy:

Maybe he just threw up his hands, said, "you people are nuts" and went his own way! Sometimes the smartest thing to do is walk away.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2009